This can be a really fun time of year for the little people in our life…sledding,
ice skating, hockey, skiing. Many adults even love being out in the cold
and enjoying winter activities. At Crossen Kooi, we encourage everyone
to be extra safe in below freezing temperatures. Don't be the "tough
guy" and pretend like you don't need to bother with the extra
layers. Our bodies need to stay warm in order to function properly.
Here is a list of precautions you can take while enjoying winter activities:
- Wear a hat! Your mom was right – you lose A LOT of heat from your
head and neck.
- Dress in layers. Many companies have developed clothing that keeps you
extra warm without adding the bulk of too many layers.
- Wear sunscreen. Even though it's cold, the sun reflects off of the
white snow and back onto your face.
- If sledding, make sure your sled is in good condition and can be steered.
Make sure to also pick a safe location – one where you cannot run
into anything at the bottom of the hill.
- If ice skating, make sure you are skating on ice approved for skating.
Never attempt to skate on ice that hasn't been marked and approved
- If you're playing hockey, make sure you have all of the proper equipment
for the game.
Get outside! Enjoy the winter activities! "Like" our Facebook
page and share some of your favorite spots for winter activities. And
as always, call us if you need us. (888) 366-4215.