Indiana Work Injury Statistics
Information from Workers' Comp Attorneys in Indiana
Indiana Construction work continues to be one of the most dangerous occupations in the country.
Americans employed in the construction industry died from work related
injuries at a rate of 15.2 deaths per 100,000 workers in the field.
The leading causes of death among
Indiana construction workers continues to involve falls from height,
trucking accidents or semi accidents, electrocution, machine malfunction, and being struck by falling objects.
- Each year, more than 4.1 million people in the United States suffer a workplace
injury or occupational illness.
- About 4.4 employees per 100 are injured on the job in the United States Annually.
- In excess of 2 million American workers are injured on the job severely
enough to miss work and require ongoing medical care.
- Business with between 50 and 249 employees sustain more work injuries than
- Businesses with less than 11 employees remain at the lowest risk for having
employees suffer an injury in the workplace.
- 165 American workers die from work related disease people die from occupational
diseases daily and nearly 18 additional American workers die from a work
injuries daily. This total sum amounts to more than 1,000 deaths per year
in the workplace.
- Work injuries deaths, and illnesses cost employees nearly $155.5 billion
- Only about 4 percent of all work-related incidents can be contributed to
technical issues (i. e . equipment failure); thus, suggesting most incidents
and work injuries in Indiana are preventable.
- Employees in the health care industry account for nearly 6.5 percent of
work-related injuries or occupational illnesses.
- Construction workers account for 1 in 5 workplace deaths and 1 in 10 nonfatal
on-the-job injuries and illnesses in 2004.
- Car crashes are the leading cause of workplace fatalities, causing about
1,300 worker deaths each year.
- Injuries involving Latino workers occur at a highly disproportionate rate.
Many experts believe this is due to the high percentage those workers
in the construction field and language barriers which create safety concerns.
Were you injured on the job in Indiana? Contact Crossen Kooi to request a
free case evaluation with our firm!