3 Ways to Stay Safe This Holiday Season
For many, the holiday season is a time of joy to be spent with family, friends, and other loved ones. Unfortunately, the large crowds and travel rush lead to many serious, life-altering injuries each year. In this blog, our Indiana personal injury attorneys discuss three great tips to help you and your family stay safe this year.
1. Drive Safely
Car accidents are a common cause of injury throughout the year, but the increased holiday traffic can definitely raise your chances of getting into a crash. If you plan on traveling this holiday season, try to do so during the daylight hours, when visibility is high and drunk drivers aren’t as abundant. It can also be very helpful to thoroughly plan your route in advance, so you can avoid fumbling with a cell phone or navigation system.
2. Treat Your Tree With Caution
Christmas trees are a beautiful and fun tradition, but it’s important to care for them properly to limit the risk of serious fire. You’ll want to start with a fresh tree with bright green needles, and set it up away from fireplaces, candles, or any other source of heat. It is also vital to keep the base filled with water to keep the tree from drying out. Any lights you put on the tree should be in full working order, and should be approved for this purpose.
3. Pay Attention to the Kids
It can be easy to sit back and relax over the holidays, but it’s important to keep an eye on your young children. Particularly when there are other guests present, there can be many choking hazards and dangerous objects within close reach. It is also important to keep them out of a busy kitchen, as hot ovens, pans, and busy cooks can all pose a serious threat to an exploratory child.
Hurt In Indiana? Call Kooi Today.
At Kooi, our Indiana personal injury lawyers are dedicated to the rights and interests of injury victims, and their families. We know how a serious injury can impact the rest of your life, and we fight tirelessly to get our clients the fair compensation they need to pay for medical expenses, lost income, and much more.
Not sure if you have a case? Get started today with a free case evaluation.
- How to Deal with Work Comp Doctors in Indiana
- Dangerous Roads in Indiana
- Parking Lot Accident in Indianapolis: Can I Sue?
- Injured at Work in Indiana? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Things to Know About Indiana’s Dog Bite Laws
- Indianapolis Car Accidents: Three Reasons to Call a Lawyer
- How Do Rideshare Accident Lawsuits Work in Indiana?
- Indianapolis Electric Scooter Injuries: Can I Sue?
- Questions to Ask Your Lawyer Before Your Injury Lawsuit Goes to Court
- What if I’m Partially at Fault for My Slip-and-Fall Accident?