Distracted Driving Causes Thousands of Vehicle Crashes in United States
Many drivers in Indiana and throughout the country are accessing the internet while driving their vehicles and causing vehicle crashes. In fact, a new study by insurance company State Farm found 19% of drivers surfed the web on a cell phone at least once a week while driving.
Cell phone use, including surfing the web, is part of “distracted driving.” And distracted driving can lead to car accidents. Federal research found that in 2009, more than 5,000 people where killed and almost half a million people were hurt in distracted driving crashes. And as reported in USA Today’s article, “19% Admit Web Use While Driving,” cell phones were the distraction in almost 20% of those deaths. No word on how many of those victims were on the job which could bring up work comp issues.
Indiana Car Accident Lawyers are familiar with the laws and rules surrounding distracted driving. Kooi Firm has vast experience handling such cases. If you or someone you love has been a victim of a vehicle crash, contact an Indiana Personal Injury Lawyer for a FREE consultation.
- Things to Know About Indiana’s Dog Bite Laws
- Indianapolis Car Accidents: Three Reasons to Call a Lawyer
- How Do Rideshare Accident Lawsuits Work in Indiana?
- Indianapolis Electric Scooter Injuries: Can I Sue?
- Questions to Ask Your Lawyer Before Your Injury Lawsuit Goes to Court
- What if I’m Partially at Fault for My Slip-and-Fall Accident?
- What to Do After Being Injured on the Job in Indiana
- Back Pain After a Car Accident: What to Do
- Who’s Liable for My Injuries in a Bus Accident?
- How to Appeal a Workers Comp Denial in Indiana