Distracted Driving Causes Thousands of Vehicle Crashes in United States
Many drivers in Indiana and throughout the country are accessing the internet while driving their vehicles and causing vehicle crashes. In fact, a new study by insurance company State Farm found 19% of drivers surfed the web on a cell phone at least once a week while driving.
Cell phone use, including surfing the web, is part of “distracted driving.” And distracted driving can lead to car accidents. Federal research found that in 2009, more than 5,000 people where killed and almost half a million people were hurt in distracted driving crashes. And as reported in USA Today’s article, “19% Admit Web Use While Driving,” cell phones were the distraction in almost 20% of those deaths. No word on how many of those victims were on the job which could bring up work comp issues.
Indiana Car Accident Lawyers are familiar with the laws and rules surrounding distracted driving. Kooi Firm has vast experience handling such cases. If you or someone you love has been a victim of a vehicle crash, contact an Indiana Personal Injury Lawyer for a FREE consultation.
- The Dangers of a Rollover Accident
- Can I Collect Workers Comp and Retirement?
- How to Sue for a Hit-and-Run Accident
- Illnesses Covered by Indiana Workers Comp
- How to Identify Nursing Home Abuse
- How to Prepare for a Deposition
- Can I Choose My Own Doctor After a Work Accident?
- I Got Hit by a Car on My Bike—Can I Sue?
- How Much Does an Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
- Can I File a Workers Comp Claim If I Was Laid Off for Coronavirus?