Indiana Truck Rollover Accidents Lawyer
Get Help from Experienced Indiana Truck Accident Attorneys
Truck rollover accidents involve far more damage and are much more complex than standard auto accidents. They involve special investigators, special recording devices, the truck driver, the trucking company, and their insurance carrier.
At Kooi, we represent truck accident victims and we lead the pursuit in obtaining the compensation they deserve. When you are going up against multiple players, you need a skilled and reputable Indiana rollover truck accident attorney who is tirelessly dedicated to achieving a successful case resolution on your behalf.
Common Causes of Truck Rollovers
The following factors affect the stability of a truck and trailer: condition of the vehicle, height of the load, load position, and shifting of the loads. A significant number of rollover accidents occur while the truck is turning, driving through a curve, or on an exit ramp.
As the truck turns, part of the forward forces are directed to the side, and if they exceed the truck’s rollover threshold, the truck rolls over. A number of turn-related rollovers occur because the driver failed to pay attention and had to quickly change lanes and begin a turn at an unsafe speed.
Truck rollovers are often caused by:
- Inattention or distracted driving, which diverts the driver’s eyes and mind away from the forward roadway, limiting their ability to respond to hazards.
- Speeding and tailgating reduce the ability to respond to hazards.
- Overcorrecting and its resultant forces can cause the vehicle to roll.
- Roadway hazards such as debris, a stalled vehicle, or an animal crossing the highway.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2012, 3,921 people were killed and another 104,000 were injured in truck accidents – a 4% increase from 2011. In 12% of those crashes, either the truck or the other vehicle was negotiating a curve.
Choose the Skilled Advocacy of Kooi
Rollover accidents are not minor events, and these cases demand a powerful legal team fighting to secure the compensation you deserve. At Kooi, clients choose to work with us because we are:
- Members of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Members of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers®
- Members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
Contact us to arrange a free consultation with an Indiana rollover truck accident attorney from our firm. If you cannot come to us, we can meet you at your home, hospital, or any other place that is convenient for you!