I was constantly updated on my case and am very happy with my settlement. Lindsey B.
Fights hard for clients and delivers great results. He's one of the best. Adam B.
They not only got me the settlement I needed but the settlement I deserved. David C.

How Do I Get My Medical Bills Paid after an Accident?

Have you recently been in an accident? You are probably going through a lot: dealing with hospitals and doctors, worrying about how you will pay all those medical expenses… And you’re probably not working right now as you recover from your injuries.

So, it’s no wonder that you’d be asking yourself: How do I get my medical bills paid after an accident?

There are a few ways. You could pay them yourself, of course. Your insurance company could pay them if you have the right coverage. Or you could file a personal injury case against whichever party was responsible for your accident and injuries.

Filing an Injury Claim

When you’ve been seriously injured, chances are your medical bills are higher than you can afford. Perhaps your medical insurance isn’t covering all the expenses, leaving you with a large sum you have to find a way to pay.

If you didn’t cause the accident in which you were hurt, the law in Indiana allows you to file an injury claim against the person who was responsible.

How do you do that? You must first investigate your accident in order to gather enough evidence to prove fault. Then you must file your case, usually with the at-fault party’s insurance company. If they accept that their customer is indeed responsible for harming you, then the insurance company will be responsible for paying you damages.

This can allow you to pay off your medical expenses, and even other expenses as well. An injury claim can pay you for missed time from work, the pain and suffering you’ve endured, and the mental trauma that may still be plaguing you.

Reach Out to a Personal Injury Lawyer to Discuss Your Case for Free

Now you know how to get your medical bills paid after an accident. If you would like to get a free case assessment, simply call Kooi Law at 317-569-1335 to speak with an attorney today. You can also fill out and send in the case review form on this page.

  • No pressure.
  • speak to an attorney.
  • no hidden fees.

NOBLESVILLE 17665 Pebble Center Noblesville, IN 46062

Get Directions

(317) 569-1335

Start Live Chat? Yes No