A Big Thank You From Kooi Law
We would like to take the time to thank all of the Department of Public Works employees who have been working around the clock to clear and prepare the roads during Polar Vortex 2014. Without their help, our emergency workers (ambulance, fire, and police drivers as well as all hospital employees) would not be able to complete their life-saving jobs.
Please follow the recommendations of your local police department about whether or not you are legally permitted to travel on the roadways. Unless it is an emergency, many areas have issued a “red” warning – you will be ticketed for being on the roads for any reason other than an emergency.
In addition to the road conditions, the low temperature and high winds have created extremely dangerous wind chills across the State of Indiana. As always, the elderly and children are most at risk. Check in on your elderly relatives and neighbors – they might not always ask for help. Cover your children in layers if you must go out of the house. Be aware of symptoms of frostbite.
Stay inside. Stay warm. Call us if you need us.
- Can I File a Workers Comp Claim If I Was Laid Off for Coronavirus?
- Understanding Indiana’s Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims
- How Is Fair Market Value Determined After a Car Accident in Indiana?
- How to Deal with Work Comp Doctors in Indiana
- Dangerous Roads in Indiana
- Parking Lot Accident in Indianapolis: Can I Sue?
- Injured at Work in Indiana? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Things to Know About Indiana’s Dog Bite Laws
- Indianapolis Car Accidents: Three Reasons to Call a Lawyer
- How Do Rideshare Accident Lawsuits Work in Indiana?