What Is Your New Years Resolution
Need help deciding on a New Year’s resolution? At Kooi Law, our New Year’s resolution is to make 2014 the safest year yet on the roadways! The attorneys and staff would like to reiterate our commitment to ending distracted driving.
It’s happened to all of us. You’re driving behind a car that appears as if the driver must be intoxicated. You keep your distance in order to be safe. When you arrive at the stoplight, you pull next to the car to get a better look. The driver isn’t drunk; he’s engrossed in his cell phone. Or even more alarming, the driver is reading a book (I’ve seen this!). While you might desire to make a citizen’s arrest, we only encourage you to do your part to eliminate distracted driving and spread the word about safe driving.
1.) Turn your phone to “airplane mode” when you are driving.
2.) Turn your phone to silent.
3.) If you are expecting an important call or message, pull over to a safe spot to take the call or respond to the message.
4.) Wear a blue tooth device (but this still means NO TEXTING!).
- Things to Know About Indiana’s Dog Bite Laws
- Indianapolis Car Accidents: Three Reasons to Call a Lawyer
- How Do Rideshare Accident Lawsuits Work in Indiana?
- Indianapolis Electric Scooter Injuries: Can I Sue?
- Questions to Ask Your Lawyer Before Your Injury Lawsuit Goes to Court
- What if I’m Partially at Fault for My Slip-and-Fall Accident?
- What to Do After Being Injured on the Job in Indiana
- Back Pain After a Car Accident: What to Do
- Who’s Liable for My Injuries in a Bus Accident?
- How to Appeal a Workers Comp Denial in Indiana