What Is Your New Years Resolution
Need help deciding on a New Year’s resolution? At Kooi Law, our New Year’s resolution is to make 2014 the safest year yet on the roadways! The attorneys and staff would like to reiterate our commitment to ending distracted driving.
It’s happened to all of us. You’re driving behind a car that appears as if the driver must be intoxicated. You keep your distance in order to be safe. When you arrive at the stoplight, you pull next to the car to get a better look. The driver isn’t drunk; he’s engrossed in his cell phone. Or even more alarming, the driver is reading a book (I’ve seen this!). While you might desire to make a citizen’s arrest, we only encourage you to do your part to eliminate distracted driving and spread the word about safe driving.
1.) Turn your phone to “airplane mode” when you are driving.
2.) Turn your phone to silent.
3.) If you are expecting an important call or message, pull over to a safe spot to take the call or respond to the message.
4.) Wear a blue tooth device (but this still means NO TEXTING!).
- The Dangers of a Rollover Accident
- Can I Collect Workers Comp and Retirement?
- How to Sue for a Hit-and-Run Accident
- Illnesses Covered by Indiana Workers Comp
- How to Identify Nursing Home Abuse
- How to Prepare for a Deposition
- Can I Choose My Own Doctor After a Work Accident?
- I Got Hit by a Car on My Bike—Can I Sue?
- How Much Does an Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
- Can I File a Workers Comp Claim If I Was Laid Off for Coronavirus?