Back to School Safety
Is it already that time of year again? The stores have stocked their shelves with back-to-school supplies. Department stores have their fall, back-to-school clothing on the racks and models. School buses are back on the roads. It is time for motorists, parents, and children to play it safe while driving to and from work/school and walking to/from school bus stops.
If your child is walking to school or to a bus stop, remember the following:
– walk with another classmate or group of children (a responsible adult would be even better!)
– use the sidewalk. If no sidewalk, walk in the opposite direction of traffic.
– always cross the street at a crosswalk or a street corner with an intersection.
– always look both ways.
– do not dart out between parked cars.
If driving to work/school during the morning/afternoon rush hour and sharing the road with school buses and children walking to school, remember the following:
– it is illegal in all 50 states to pass a school bus that is loading or unloading children.
– be alert. Children are unpredictable. The area within 10 feet of the school bus is most dangerous for the children. Slow down and give them a chance to get to a safe place – either on the sidewalk or loaded into the bus.
– obey all school zone speed limits. Not only is it a costly mistake, it could be deadly.
Bus accidents are avoidable, yet they happen far too often. Slow down, don’t text, and obey the rules of the road! If you or a loved one has been injured in a bus accident, call the Indiana Bus Accident Attorneys at Kooi Law. (317) 569-1335.
- Things to Know About Indiana’s Dog Bite Laws
- Indianapolis Car Accidents: Three Reasons to Call a Lawyer
- How Do Rideshare Accident Lawsuits Work in Indiana?
- Indianapolis Electric Scooter Injuries: Can I Sue?
- Questions to Ask Your Lawyer Before Your Injury Lawsuit Goes to Court
- What if I’m Partially at Fault for My Slip-and-Fall Accident?
- What to Do After Being Injured on the Job in Indiana
- Back Pain After a Car Accident: What to Do
- Who’s Liable for My Injuries in a Bus Accident?
- How to Appeal a Workers Comp Denial in Indiana