Dangerous Indiana Roads & Summer Construction
With summer 2016 right around the corner, it is time to not only expect heavier traffic on the road but also an increase in road construction sites. Every year, due the combination of these factors, there tend to be more car, truck, and construction worker accidents during the months of May to September. In fact, several years ago, a study showed that the summer months were the deadliest for Indiana car accidents.
Indiana’s Most Dangerous Roads
Just like all other states, Indiana has certain roads and highways that have become known for accidents, injury, and even fatalities. This is mostly due to congestion and risks drivers are usually willing to take when they know they’re traveling long distances (speeding, fatigue, etc.).
Some of Indiana’s most dangerous roads include:
- Borman Expressway (Interstate 80/94)
- Indiana highway 60 (nicknamed “Death Row”)
- Interstate 90 (Indiana Toll Road)
- U.S. 41
- U.S. 20
Upcoming 2016 Construction Projects
Summer is the prime time for local governments to repair and upkeep our transportation infrastructure. That means the number of significant construction projects all over the state will go up, not only adding delays, detours, and the risk of debris for drivers, but also putting construction workers at greater risk of injury, as well.
For a closer look at the construction projects that will be happening in your county in summer 2016 and beyond, use this handy, interactive map provided by INDOT. The projects are broken down by type and even come with a Google Maps marker reference so you can pinpoint where precisely in your community it will be happening.
If you are a driver or construction worker that has been hurt in a serious road accident, then it may be time to start exploring your legal options. At Kooi, our skilled and experienced Indiana personal injury attorneys have recovered millions of dollars for clients who have been harmed due to the negligence of others.
Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation.
- Can I File a Workers Comp Claim If I Was Laid Off for Coronavirus?
- Understanding Indiana’s Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims
- How Is Fair Market Value Determined After a Car Accident in Indiana?
- How to Deal with Work Comp Doctors in Indiana
- Dangerous Roads in Indiana
- Parking Lot Accident in Indianapolis: Can I Sue?
- Injured at Work in Indiana? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Things to Know About Indiana’s Dog Bite Laws
- Indianapolis Car Accidents: Three Reasons to Call a Lawyer
- How Do Rideshare Accident Lawsuits Work in Indiana?