Indiana Department of Insurance Releases 2007 Workers Compensation Statistics
The Indiana Department of Labor is reporting that 62,326 claims involving one or more days of missed work were filed in 2007. Of those claims, 92 fatalities were reported.
17,724 agreements to compensation were filed with the Board. Of those agreements, 9,860 were TTD (Temporary Total Disability) agreements and 7,864 were PPI (Permanent Partial Impairment) agreements
1,665 requests were made for independent medical examinations.
5,971 applications for disputed claims were filed, with 3,203 claims closed by agreement between the injured worker and the worker’s compensation insurance carrier. Those 3203 claims were not necessarily claims filed in 2007.
Kooi Firm is a full service personal injury firm that represents victims injured in the course in scope of their employment. Most injuries sustained while at work fall under the Indiana Worker’s Compensation Act. Kooi Firm is well versed in handling these claims, and represent only injured workers and their families. The atttorneys at Kooi Firm never represent or defend employers or their insurance companies. For a free consultation regarding your work-related injury, visit our website or contact us at the number below.
- Things to Know About Indiana’s Dog Bite Laws
- Indianapolis Car Accidents: Three Reasons to Call a Lawyer
- How Do Rideshare Accident Lawsuits Work in Indiana?
- Indianapolis Electric Scooter Injuries: Can I Sue?
- Questions to Ask Your Lawyer Before Your Injury Lawsuit Goes to Court
- What if I’m Partially at Fault for My Slip-and-Fall Accident?
- What to Do After Being Injured on the Job in Indiana
- Back Pain After a Car Accident: What to Do
- Who’s Liable for My Injuries in a Bus Accident?
- How to Appeal a Workers Comp Denial in Indiana