Indiana May Reconsider Statewide Smoking Ban
The last time a smoking-ban bill was introduced in Indiana, the measure did not even make it out of a legislative committee.
This may be in part due to Indiana’s number 6 rating as the highest adult smoking state in the country. Thirty states across the country have now enacted a version of smoke-free provisions. Despite Indiana’s holdout, supporters of a smoking ban believe the current economic and social environment may make the issue ripe for passage of a bill.
Currently, several cities throughout the State have enacted their own varying smoking bans. But critics say that prohibiting smoking in private enterprises infringes on individual rights. Numerous hospitality sectors of the economy are anticipated to put up a big fight, including the casino, bar and restaurant industries.
- How to Deal with Work Comp Doctors in Indiana
- Dangerous Roads in Indiana
- Parking Lot Accident in Indianapolis: Can I Sue?
- Injured at Work in Indiana? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Things to Know About Indiana’s Dog Bite Laws
- Indianapolis Car Accidents: Three Reasons to Call a Lawyer
- How Do Rideshare Accident Lawsuits Work in Indiana?
- Indianapolis Electric Scooter Injuries: Can I Sue?
- Questions to Ask Your Lawyer Before Your Injury Lawsuit Goes to Court
- What if I’m Partially at Fault for My Slip-and-Fall Accident?