Indiana Ice and Snow Makes for Dangerous Driving Conditions
The Honey Creek Fire Department and Vigo County Sheriff’s Deputies responded to a head-on collision at about 8 p.m. on Indiana Highway 63, just south of the Federal Correctional Complex near Ryman Drive. Four individuals were sent to the hospital by ambulance. Initial investigation indicated that a southbound pickup truck collided with a northbound car right towards the middle of the highway.
During a twelve hour period starting at the beginning of work commutes, the Indiana State Police reportedly responded to three slide-off accidents and 10 other car and truck accidents. Only two of the 10 accidents were reported to involve injuries. The Vigo County Sheriff’s Department had similar results and responded to two slide-offs and 13 accidents. Of those accidents, four were reported to have involved injuries.
State Police in the Bloomington District announced a Level 2 warning for travelers, which means conditions are threatening to the safety of the public and only essential travel should be made. Monroe, Owen, Greene, Lawrence and Brown counties fall into the Bloomington District.
Kooi Firm is a full service personal injury firm dedicated to the representation of victims who have sustained injury or even death as the result of motor vehicle and trucking accidents. Kooi Firm represents victims and their loved ones, and never works for or defends insurance companies.
- How to Deal with Work Comp Doctors in Indiana
- Dangerous Roads in Indiana
- Parking Lot Accident in Indianapolis: Can I Sue?
- Injured at Work in Indiana? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Things to Know About Indiana’s Dog Bite Laws
- Indianapolis Car Accidents: Three Reasons to Call a Lawyer
- How Do Rideshare Accident Lawsuits Work in Indiana?
- Indianapolis Electric Scooter Injuries: Can I Sue?
- Questions to Ask Your Lawyer Before Your Injury Lawsuit Goes to Court
- What if I’m Partially at Fault for My Slip-and-Fall Accident?