I was constantly updated on my case and am very happy with my settlement. Lindsey B.
Fights hard for clients and delivers great results. He's one of the best. Adam B.
They not only got me the settlement I needed but the settlement I deserved. David C.

Indianapolis Motorcycle Accident FAQ

When you’re injured in a motorcycle crash, you likely have plenty of questions. This is a difficult, confusing time, and you might need professional help recovering from your damages.

Fortunately, a motorcycle accident attorney from Kooi Law can help. The following are some of the most common questions we hear, and we’re ready to tackle your claim when you are.

Who is financially responsible for my injuries?

Often, the person who caused the accident is responsible for any resulting injuries. Because Indiana has tort laws, you’ll need to seek compensation from the person who hit you. However, if they’re at work on the road, you might need to seek compensation from their employer. A lawyer can guide you through the process and determine the responsible party.

I believe I was partially responsible for the accident. Can I still seek compensation?

Although you should still be able to receive compensation, you might not get the full amount you deserve if you claim partial responsibility. In Indiana, your compensation can be reduced by the amount of fault you’re found responsible for. If you’re more responsible than the other driver, you could be barred from recovery completely.

For example, if you were in your lane, but you were driving distracted, you might not act in time to avoid an accident with a reckless driver. Although they caused the accident, you might be held 15 percent at fault for the crash. That means you’ll only receive 85 percent of your compensation.

What if I was in a single-vehicle crash?

Although you might have been the only one on the road, you still might not be the one held responsible. Motorcycles are especially vulnerable to road hazards, such as potholes, which the Department of Transportation is responsible for repairing.

In other cases, you might have been injured by a motorcycle part defect that caused you to crash. Speak to a lawyer if you believe your wreck wasn’t your fault, even if you were the only vehicle involved.

What damages can I seek?

When you’re injured, you can seek both economic and non-economic damages. You’ll likely be more familiar with your economic damages, as they cover your expenses, such as hospital bills, household accommodations, and lost wages. Your non-economic damages, however, cover the emotional or otherwise intangible damages of an accident, such as pain and suffering or emotional trauma.

How can a lawyer help?

At Kooi Law, we know that an accident can be confusing and frustrating. You’re dealing with severe injuries, and now you’ll need to work with laws you’re not familiar with. When you’re trying to juggle a civil lawsuit while recovering from your injuries, the process can feel overwhelming.

That’s how our attorneys can help. By starting with a free consultation, you’ll know that you have experience and knowledge on your side before you sign anything. Before you get started on your claim, get the answers you need by calling 317-569-1335 or by filling out the online form below.

  • No pressure.
  • speak to an attorney.
  • no hidden fees.

NOBLESVILLE 17665 Pebble Center Noblesville, IN 46062

Get Directions

(317) 569-1335

Start Live Chat? Yes No