Recalls: Kraft Mac & Cheese and others…
Kraft Foods recalled 242,000 cases of “Original” flavor Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner March 17 because some may contain small metal pieces. The contaminated packages were reportedly distributed throughout the United States and several countries other than Canada.
While the recall is limited to “Original” flavor 7.25-ounce boxed dinners, single, 3-, 4-, and 5-pack configurations are affected. The contaminated packages bear “Best When Used By” dates between September 18 and October 11. They might also be identified by the “C2” stamped underneath the date.
Meanwhile, Aurora Products reportedly announced the same day that the Food and Drug Administration found salmonella bacteria in one package of their walnuts during a routine inspection. A partial recall of Aurora Products walnuts was subsequently issued.
The Atlanta-based Centers for Disease Control reports 42,000 salmonellosis infections nationally each year. However, this number is suspected to be more than two dozen times less than how many actually occur because exponentially more incidents are either unreported or undiagnosed.
The most common ways one might be contaminated are either allowing raw meat juices to come into contact with uncooked foods or fish that swam in waters contaminated by fecal matter. Salmonellosis symptoms include fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. However, salmonella bacteria may also cause arterial infections, endocarditis, and even arthritis.
- How Much Does an Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
- Can I File a Workers Comp Claim If I Was Laid Off for Coronavirus?
- Understanding Indiana’s Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims
- How Is Fair Market Value Determined After a Car Accident in Indiana?
- How to Deal with Work Comp Doctors in Indiana
- Dangerous Roads in Indiana
- Parking Lot Accident in Indianapolis: Can I Sue?
- Injured at Work in Indiana? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Things to Know About Indiana’s Dog Bite Laws
- Indianapolis Car Accidents: Three Reasons to Call a Lawyer