Kooi is Proud to Support Brain Injury Awareness Month 2015
At Kooi, our legal team does not just strive to be exceptional legal representatives for our personal injury clients, we strive to be advocates. That is why we are proud to participate in Brain Injury Awareness Month 2015 to help de-stigmatize those who have suffered, assist community education about these debilitating injuries, and celebrate those who have survived and persevered.
Brain Injury Awareness Month is led by the Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA). The awareness campaign theme they have outlined for the next three years is “Not Alone,” and seeks to shine a light on brain injury survivors, their families, and the full and vibrant lives they continue to lead in our communities.
BIAA offers the following brain injury statistics:
- There are 5.3 million Americans living with traumatic brain injuries
- 2.5 million Americans survive a traumatic brain injury every year
- 35.2% of brain injuries are the result of falls
- 17.3% of brain injuries are the result of traffic accidents
- No two brain injuries are exactly alike.
BIAA has made promotional materials available for circulation in your office or neighborhood, and has designated the #NotAloneinBrainInjury hashtag for use on social media. For more updates and events scheduled during the month of March, check back at the Brain Injury Awareness Month website.
Supporting Survivors Moving Forward
Throughout our practice as personal injury attorneys, we have been fortunate enough to meet a wide array of different individuals who all have one thing in common: not letting their brain injuries keep them from moving on with their lives. While any unforeseen accident can be tragic and disheartening, our legal team has also been inspired by resilience, perspective, and dignity that brain injury survivors have consistently shown during their recoveries. We are proud to stand beside them as counsel and—more importantly—as neighbors during Brain Injury Awareness Month and beyond.
If you or a loved one have suffered a brain injury due someone else’s actions, then we invite you to contact us at Kooi today. A dedicated and compassionate Indiana personal injury attorney is standing by to hear your story.
- Illnesses Covered by Indiana Workers Comp
- How to Identify Nursing Home Abuse
- How to Prepare for a Deposition
- Can I Choose My Own Doctor After a Work Accident?
- I Got Hit by a Car on My Bike—Can I Sue?
- How Much Does an Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
- Can I File a Workers Comp Claim If I Was Laid Off for Coronavirus?
- Understanding Indiana’s Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims
- How Is Fair Market Value Determined After a Car Accident in Indiana?
- How to Deal with Work Comp Doctors in Indiana