Semi Truck Driver Dies in Tractor Trailer Crash in Indianapolis
Kooi can report a Tractor Trailer Driver died in a Vehicle Accident just after midnight Thursday. Indiana State Police say the Truck Crash happened on United States Interstate 65 near Downtown Indianapolis. The truck driver is identified as 30 year old Sukhinder Dhuga from Ontario. His passenger did suffer injuries.Indiana Workers Compensation issues could be involved.
Indiana State Police say the semi truck driver might have fallen asleep while driving; thus, causing the crash. Dhuga apparently went off the right side of the highway, struck a guardrail and flipped. Indiana police say he was stuck under the semi while his passenger was thrown from the vehicle. Medics took both victims to a local Indianapolis hospital. Dhuga died there while his passenger’s status is not known at last check by Indianapolis Vehicle Crash Attorneys.
Semi Truck Drivers are frequently victims of Work Comp injuries due to vehicle crashes. According to Trucking info, the United States Department of Transportation estimates there are more than 500,000 trucking accidents every year. The website further explains more than 75% of truck driving crashes are because of an error by the driver of the passenger vehicle. Only 16% of all truck driving crashes are due to the truck driver’s fault.
No matter who is to blame, injuries can be severe in a semi truck accident. Statistics show about 5,000 people are killed in truck crashes every year. And unfortunately, about 98% of the time, the drivers of the other vehicle are killed in a truck crash.
- Things to Know About Indiana’s Dog Bite Laws
- Indianapolis Car Accidents: Three Reasons to Call a Lawyer
- How Do Rideshare Accident Lawsuits Work in Indiana?
- Indianapolis Electric Scooter Injuries: Can I Sue?
- Questions to Ask Your Lawyer Before Your Injury Lawsuit Goes to Court
- What if I’m Partially at Fault for My Slip-and-Fall Accident?
- What to Do After Being Injured on the Job in Indiana
- Back Pain After a Car Accident: What to Do
- Who’s Liable for My Injuries in a Bus Accident?
- How to Appeal a Workers Comp Denial in Indiana