Are you ready for football season?
It’s back to school time which means that the young men in our lives are heading back to the football fields for practices and games. As parents, our number one priority is keeping our children safe and protected. Football can be a dangerous sport if the proper equipment is not worn. Much attention has been brought to light regarding the long-term effects of concussions and head injuries during the football season. There are even several, former NFL players currently suing the NFL Union, stating they were left in the dark regarding these injuries and the potential for long-term side effects.
Do you know what kind of equipment is worn at your son’s school? At this time, there are very few standards (if any) in the State of Indiana as it relates to helmet safety. Parents are outraged and are putting up a fight with lawmakers to make some changes. Be an advocate at your school. Insist that safety is the number one prioity on the field. A study conducted by Virginia Tech and Wake Forest produced a list of ratings on 18 different helmets. Take a look at this list to determine if your son’s helmet is safe.
At Kooi Law, we are huge football fans and even greater proponents for safety. Call us if your safety has been put at risk due to the negligence of someone else and you were seriously injured.
- Can I File a Workers Comp Claim If I Was Laid Off for Coronavirus?
- Understanding Indiana’s Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims
- How Is Fair Market Value Determined After a Car Accident in Indiana?
- How to Deal with Work Comp Doctors in Indiana
- Dangerous Roads in Indiana
- Parking Lot Accident in Indianapolis: Can I Sue?
- Injured at Work in Indiana? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Things to Know About Indiana’s Dog Bite Laws
- Indianapolis Car Accidents: Three Reasons to Call a Lawyer
- How Do Rideshare Accident Lawsuits Work in Indiana?