As if we didn’t already have enough to worry about when we send our 17 and 18 year-olds off to college? Now, we have the added stress and worry of the potential of a campus shooting. Instead of learning about courses of study and the school’s policy on underage drinking, we must educate ourselves on the school’s action plan in the event of a campus shooting.
The latest campus shooting at Purdue University has hit close to home for residents of Indiana. While all of the details of the shooting are still unknown, it appears at first glance that the university students were immediately alerted to a lockdown on the campus. Do you have a loved one studying at a college or university? Ask them if they know the campus’ policy and action plan in the event of a campus shooting. Have they signed up to receive campus alerts via text message or email? Indiana University has an entire section on their website devoted to staying safe in case of an “active shooter.”
- Things to Know About Indiana’s Dog Bite Laws
- Indianapolis Car Accidents: Three Reasons to Call a Lawyer
- How Do Rideshare Accident Lawsuits Work in Indiana?
- Indianapolis Electric Scooter Injuries: Can I Sue?
- Questions to Ask Your Lawyer Before Your Injury Lawsuit Goes to Court
- What if I’m Partially at Fault for My Slip-and-Fall Accident?
- What to Do After Being Injured on the Job in Indiana
- Back Pain After a Car Accident: What to Do
- Who’s Liable for My Injuries in a Bus Accident?
- How to Appeal a Workers Comp Denial in Indiana