As if we didn’t already have enough to worry about when we send our 17 and 18 year-olds off to college? Now, we have the added stress and worry of the potential of a campus shooting. Instead of learning about courses of study and the school’s policy on underage drinking, we must educate ourselves on the school’s action plan in the event of a campus shooting.
The latest campus shooting at Purdue University has hit close to home for residents of Indiana. While all of the details of the shooting are still unknown, it appears at first glance that the university students were immediately alerted to a lockdown on the campus. Do you have a loved one studying at a college or university? Ask them if they know the campus’ policy and action plan in the event of a campus shooting. Have they signed up to receive campus alerts via text message or email? Indiana University has an entire section on their website devoted to staying safe in case of an “active shooter”.
- Can I Collect Workers Comp and Retirement?
- How to Sue for a Hit-and-Run Accident
- Illnesses Covered by Indiana Workers Comp
- How to Identify Nursing Home Abuse
- How to Prepare for a Deposition
- Can I Choose My Own Doctor After a Work Accident?
- I Got Hit by a Car on My Bike—Can I Sue?
- How Much Does an Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
- Can I File a Workers Comp Claim If I Was Laid Off for Coronavirus?
- Understanding Indiana’s Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims