Kooi Honors Veterans
As Veterans Day approaches, our team at Kooi would like to take the time to thank those who risk their lives every single day—our country’s veterans. They are the true heroes, and their consistent demonstration of courage is nothing short of awe-inspiring.
Established to honor the service of our current and former service members, Veterans Day is arguably more important now than it has ever been. After the draft ended in 1973 and we transitioned to an all-voluntary military, the percentage of our population serving in the military has declined. Unfortunately, decline has led to a gap between the civilian population and those who serve or have served. As a result, many decisions and issues affecting our nation’s service members seem like mere abstractions, which should not be the case. This is why Veterans Day presents a major opportunity to bridge the gap between the two groups, and remind ourselves of what exactly the brave men and women of our military do 24/7.
In our community and communities throughout our great country, there are numerous opportunities to give back to those who defend our rights. For one, if you are an employer or business owner, you can make sure to hire veterans. Many of the skills needed for the battlefield make those who serve perfect candidates for the business world. You can also donate to the numerous charities that help our veterans each and every day, from the Fisher House Foundation to the Wounded Warrior Project. Additionally, you can go up to a veteran today—or any day—and thank them for their service.
If you are one of the many Americans who have Veterans Day off, you should consider using the day to help our current and former service members and their families. Don’t just treat it as a holiday—find an event in your community that honors veterans
Again, to all of our current and former military members: THANK YOU! These two words cannot be said enough for what you have done and continue to do.
- How to Deal with Work Comp Doctors in Indiana
- Dangerous Roads in Indiana
- Parking Lot Accident in Indianapolis: Can I Sue?
- Injured at Work in Indiana? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Things to Know About Indiana’s Dog Bite Laws
- Indianapolis Car Accidents: Three Reasons to Call a Lawyer
- How Do Rideshare Accident Lawsuits Work in Indiana?
- Indianapolis Electric Scooter Injuries: Can I Sue?
- Questions to Ask Your Lawyer Before Your Injury Lawsuit Goes to Court
- What if I’m Partially at Fault for My Slip-and-Fall Accident?