How To Protect Against Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
With reports of Nursing Home Abuse and Nursing Home Neglect prevalent in many states including Indiana, choosing a nursing home for your loved one can be a particularly daunting situation. Fortunately, there are some steps you can take to give you some peace of mind.
According to www.marketwatch.com in the article, “How to Pick the Right Nursing Home,” there are five steps to help you in the decision-making process.
- Look at all the nursing homes in Indiana with four or five stars on quality of care, and check into how much time staff spends with each resident.
- Examine the costs.
- Meet as many staff members at your prospective Indiana nursing homes as possible. Ask for their qualifications. Five years experience is ideal, according to experts.
- Visit those potential Indiana nursing homes several times and at different times. Try to talk with residents about their experiences.
- Ask nursing home management many key questions. Most importantly, ask if they do background checks on their employees and for a copy of their latest federal inspection. This inspection should tell you if the Indiana nursing home has had recent reports of nursing home abuse or nursing home neglect.
- Can I Choose My Own Doctor After a Work Accident?
- I Got Hit by a Car on My Bike—Can I Sue?
- How Much Does an Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
- Can I File a Workers Comp Claim If I Was Laid Off for Coronavirus?
- Understanding Indiana’s Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims
- How Is Fair Market Value Determined After a Car Accident in Indiana?
- How to Deal with Work Comp Doctors in Indiana
- Dangerous Roads in Indiana
- Parking Lot Accident in Indianapolis: Can I Sue?
- Injured at Work in Indiana? Here’s What You Need to Know