How To Protect Against Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
With reports of Nursing Home Abuse and Nursing Home Neglect prevalent in many states including Indiana, choosing a nursing home for your loved one can be a particularly daunting situation. Fortunately, there are some steps you can take to give you some peace of mind.
According to www.marketwatch.com in the article, “How to Pick the Right Nursing Home,” there are five steps to help you in the decision-making process.
- Look at all the nursing homes in Indiana with four or five stars on quality of care, and check into how much time staff spends with each resident.
- Examine the costs.
- Meet as many staff members at your prospective Indiana nursing homes as possible. Ask for their qualifications. Five years experience is ideal, according to experts.
- Visit those potential Indiana nursing homes several times and at different times. Try to talk with residents about their experiences.
- Ask nursing home management many key questions. Most importantly, ask if they do background checks on their employees and for a copy of their latest federal inspection. This inspection should tell you if the Indiana nursing home has had recent reports of nursing home abuse or nursing home neglect.
- Things to Know About Indiana’s Dog Bite Laws
- Indianapolis Car Accidents: Three Reasons to Call a Lawyer
- How Do Rideshare Accident Lawsuits Work in Indiana?
- Indianapolis Electric Scooter Injuries: Can I Sue?
- Questions to Ask Your Lawyer Before Your Injury Lawsuit Goes to Court
- What if I’m Partially at Fault for My Slip-and-Fall Accident?
- What to Do After Being Injured on the Job in Indiana
- Back Pain After a Car Accident: What to Do
- Who’s Liable for My Injuries in a Bus Accident?
- How to Appeal a Workers Comp Denial in Indiana