How To Protect Against Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
With reports of Nursing Home Abuse and Nursing Home Neglect prevalent in many states including Indiana, choosing a nursing home for your loved one can be a particularly daunting situation. Fortunately, there are some steps you can take to give you some peace of mind.
According to www.marketwatch.com in the article, “How to Pick the Right Nursing Home,” there are five steps to help you in the decision-making process.
- Look at all the nursing homes in Indiana with four or five stars on quality of care, and check into how much time staff spends with each resident.
- Examine the costs.
- Meet as many staff members at your prospective Indiana nursing homes as possible. Ask for their qualifications. Five years experience is ideal, according to experts.
- Visit those potential Indiana nursing homes several times and at different times. Try to talk with residents about their experiences.
- Ask nursing home management many key questions. Most importantly, ask if they do background checks on their employees and for a copy of their latest federal inspection. This inspection should tell you if the Indiana nursing home has had recent reports of nursing home abuse or nursing home neglect.
- Responding to a Low Settlement Offer from an Insurance Company
- The Dangers of a Rollover Accident
- Can I Collect Workers Comp and Retirement?
- How to Sue for a Hit-and-Run Accident
- Illnesses Covered by Indiana Workers Comp
- How to Identify Nursing Home Abuse
- How to Prepare for a Deposition
- Can I Choose My Own Doctor After a Work Accident?
- I Got Hit by a Car on My Bike—Can I Sue?
- How Much Does an Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyer Cost?