New Indiana Agency To Help Protect Against Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Specialized Indiana nurses are joining forces to help protect against elder abuse including Nursing Home Injuries and Nursing Home Neglect. The Allen County nurses perform forensic medical exams for the Fort Wayne Sexual Assault Treatment Center and have now formed FACE or Forensic Advocacy Center for Elders. This is Indiana’s first such program.
As described by www.news-sentinel.com in the article,”Nurses Put FACE on Elder Abuse Victims,” this agency aims to provide victims of elder abuse a wide range of help. The goal is to better coordinate responses from various agencies when a report of elder abuse or neglect arises.
Elder abuse can come in many forms including from Nursing Home Abuse and Nursing Home Neglect. While many cases of abuse go unreported, there are dozens of abuse or neglect reports in Indiana each month. As reported in the News-Sentinal article, a long term care ombudsman for northeast Indiana stated that in February alone, she had more than 55 reports of abuse or neglect from verbal abuse to a resident with bruises. And, according towww.elderabuseca.com, in Indiana in the 2004 fiscal year, reports of adult abuse increased about 12 percent from the previous year.
- How to Deal with Work Comp Doctors in Indiana
- Dangerous Roads in Indiana
- Parking Lot Accident in Indianapolis: Can I Sue?
- Injured at Work in Indiana? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Things to Know About Indiana’s Dog Bite Laws
- Indianapolis Car Accidents: Three Reasons to Call a Lawyer
- How Do Rideshare Accident Lawsuits Work in Indiana?
- Indianapolis Electric Scooter Injuries: Can I Sue?
- Questions to Ask Your Lawyer Before Your Injury Lawsuit Goes to Court
- What if I’m Partially at Fault for My Slip-and-Fall Accident?