Ice Cream Plant Worker Reportedly Loses Fingers
An ice cream plant worker reportedly lost fingers to frostbite while handling ice cream. This loss occurred immediately after freezing. He alleges that the gloves he used, which were issued by his employer, were “woefully inadequate.”
Raheem Muhammed was reportedly assigned to handle ice cream after freezing on April 16, 2016 at Mister Cookie Face in Lakewood, N.J. However, Muhammed alleges that his employers neglected their employees’ safety by giving them gloves that inadequately protected their fingers.
Previously, employees of Blue Bell reportedly contemplated action for frostbite experienced while working in freezers. However, their employees reportedly mitigate these dangers by wearing three layers of hand protection and taking frequent pauses to warm themselves.
Have you been injured in a work-related accident? You should consider working with an Indiana workers’ compensation lawyer at Kooi. Our attorneys have more than 30 years of combined legal experience. We are dedicated to providing clients with the personalized attention they deserve.
Call our firm today at (317) 569-1335 or contact us online for a free case evaluation.
- Illnesses Covered by Indiana Workers Comp
- How to Identify Nursing Home Abuse
- How to Prepare for a Deposition
- Can I Choose My Own Doctor After a Work Accident?
- I Got Hit by a Car on My Bike—Can I Sue?
- How Much Does an Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
- Can I File a Workers Comp Claim If I Was Laid Off for Coronavirus?
- Understanding Indiana’s Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims
- How Is Fair Market Value Determined After a Car Accident in Indiana?
- How to Deal with Work Comp Doctors in Indiana