Illinois to Indiana Migration on the Rise
In 2015, a total of 34,221 Illinois residents reportedly relocated to Indiana. The number of people leaving Illinois to Indiana is astounding – Illinois is losing residents to Indiana more than to any other neighboring state. In fact, more than 50 people move to Indiana from Illinois each day. Each year, as many people as live in an entire county in Illinois move to Indiana.
While the reasons for this great migration vary, taxation, employment, and affordability are the three most-cited reasons by those who chose to move to Indiana. Taxation is reportedly the foremost reason for leaving Illinois, as property taxes in Illinois are some of the most punitive in the country. Indiana’s property taxes are more than two times lower as in Illinois and overall taxation is reportedly more than 20 percent higher in Illinois than in Indiana. Increased taxation is reportedly being legislated on income in Illinois. The proposed increase will be about 33 percent.
Meanwhile, back in Indiana, jobs abound as the state government pursues economic growth policies that attract job creators. Businesses are relocating to Indiana because of its pro-business laws. Of course, this means many Illinois residents are following those jobs.
Kooi: Leading Indiana Injury Attorneys
Have you been injured in a preventable accident caused by someone else? Did your injury occur in Indiana but you live in Illinois? Either way, we can help. Whether you’re in Indiana or Illinois, turn to Kooi for proven legal representation. Backed by more than 30 years of combined legal experience, we have recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for hundreds of satisfied clients. We have three convenient office locations in Indianapolis, Carmel, and in the Hancock Tower in Chicago. If your injury prevents you from traveling to us, we would be happy to travel to you.
Call us today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. Hablamos Español.
- Things to Know About Indiana’s Dog Bite Laws
- Indianapolis Car Accidents: Three Reasons to Call a Lawyer
- How Do Rideshare Accident Lawsuits Work in Indiana?
- Indianapolis Electric Scooter Injuries: Can I Sue?
- Questions to Ask Your Lawyer Before Your Injury Lawsuit Goes to Court
- What if I’m Partially at Fault for My Slip-and-Fall Accident?
- What to Do After Being Injured on the Job in Indiana
- Back Pain After a Car Accident: What to Do
- Who’s Liable for My Injuries in a Bus Accident?
- How to Appeal a Workers Comp Denial in Indiana