The One Ring Scam
At Kooi Law, we have made it our business to keep the community safe from injury, danger, or scams. We wanted to share with you a current scam targeting cell phones across the State of Indiana. How many times have you missed a call, clicked on the number, and returned the missed call? The Better Business Bureau cautions cell phone users to not return phone calls of numbers for which they are unfamiliar. Once you return the call, you are charged as much as $20 for an international phone call. Additionally, you might be charged a monthly fee to belong to a club that simply requires the return phone call for authorization.
What should you do? Don’t call a number back that you do not recognize. Google the number if you’re curious. Contact theBBB for more information.
- How to Deal with Work Comp Doctors in Indiana
- Dangerous Roads in Indiana
- Parking Lot Accident in Indianapolis: Can I Sue?
- Injured at Work in Indiana? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Things to Know About Indiana’s Dog Bite Laws
- Indianapolis Car Accidents: Three Reasons to Call a Lawyer
- How Do Rideshare Accident Lawsuits Work in Indiana?
- Indianapolis Electric Scooter Injuries: Can I Sue?
- Questions to Ask Your Lawyer Before Your Injury Lawsuit Goes to Court
- What if I’m Partially at Fault for My Slip-and-Fall Accident?