The One Ring Scam
At Kooi Law, we have made it our business to keep the community safe from injury, danger, or scams. We wanted to share with you a current scam targeting cell phones across the State of Indiana. How many times have you missed a call, clicked on the number, and returned the missed call? The Better Business Bureau cautions cell phone users to not return phone calls of numbers for which they are unfamiliar. Once you return the call, you are charged as much as $20 for an international phone call. Additionally, you might be charged a monthly fee to belong to a club that simply requires the return phone call for authorization.
What should you do? Don’t call a number back that you do not recognize. Google the number if you’re curious. Contact theBBB for more information.
- Things to Know About Indiana’s Dog Bite Laws
- Indianapolis Car Accidents: Three Reasons to Call a Lawyer
- How Do Rideshare Accident Lawsuits Work in Indiana?
- Indianapolis Electric Scooter Injuries: Can I Sue?
- Questions to Ask Your Lawyer Before Your Injury Lawsuit Goes to Court
- What if I’m Partially at Fault for My Slip-and-Fall Accident?
- What to Do After Being Injured on the Job in Indiana
- Back Pain After a Car Accident: What to Do
- Who’s Liable for My Injuries in a Bus Accident?
- How to Appeal a Workers Comp Denial in Indiana