What Type of Insurance Do I Need?
Car insurance is an invaluable way to protect you and your loved ones if you are injured in a car accident. Thankfully, car insurance provides coverage both for your vehicle and any bodily injuries you may have. However, certain types of coverage are more beneficial than others. No matter what type of car insurance you have, it is imperative that it includes a certain level of uninsured/underinsured motorist protection.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Protection
Consider this scenario. You are involved in car accident in which the driver who hit you is completely uninsured. Though drivers are required to possess some sort of liability insurance in all states, this driver is without insurance altogether.
In this scenario, the person who hit you is unable to pay for the damages caused to you and your vehicle. The same can be said of underinsured motorist coverage, though this scenario relates to motorists who simply do not have enough coverage to pay for the damages that they have caused.
These types of scenarios highlight the importance of uninsured/underinsured motorist protection. In the event that you are hit by an individual who is either uninsured or underinsured, this type of coverage enables you to pay for the damages caused by the motorist that are not covered by his/her insurance.
Injured in a Car Accident? Contact Our Firm Today
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident, it is imperative that you get the legal representation you deserve to pay for the damages that have been caused by a negligent driver. At Kooi, we want to hold the liable parties responsible for any injuries they have caused you. We offer free, no obligation consultations to discuss your case.
- Can I Choose My Own Doctor After a Work Accident?
- I Got Hit by a Car on My Bike—Can I Sue?
- How Much Does an Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
- Can I File a Workers Comp Claim If I Was Laid Off for Coronavirus?
- Understanding Indiana’s Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims
- How Is Fair Market Value Determined After a Car Accident in Indiana?
- How to Deal with Work Comp Doctors in Indiana
- Dangerous Roads in Indiana
- Parking Lot Accident in Indianapolis: Can I Sue?
- Injured at Work in Indiana? Here’s What You Need to Know